Are you hoping to catch some king salmon this season? Experienced fishermen know that they must time their trips right to catch the king. Since various salmon species are found in different water bodies throughout the year, it’s important to arrive when the fish do, if you expect to haul any away during your Alaskan fishing charter.
If you plan to visit Talkeetna, AK and hope to find king salmon in the river, you should plan your trip for mid-June through season closure in mid-July. This is when the King salmon run in Talkeetna, AK.
What else do you need to know to plan your Alaskan fishing charter? Use the following FAQ to prepare for your king salmon run.
What to Bring
- Rain gear: Showers are always a possibility, so bring light rain gear to be prepared.
- Camera: Bring your camera or phone to capture pictures of wildlife that we often see on our Alaskan fishing charters.
- Layers: Temperatures can vary throughout the day, and you might get wet while fishing, so dress in layers, including two pairs of socks.
- Sunglasses: The glare on the water can be strong, so wear polarized sunglasses.
- License: You’ll need a fishing license and king stamp. You can purchase these items directly from our office.
- Snacks: Bring a small cooler or backpack stocked with a few beverages and snacks. (No hard liquor is allowed.)
Where to Fish
Alaskan fishing charters usually offer the opportunity to fish from the boat as well as the bank. Each trip is tailored to the river conditions and fish to provide the best experience (and catches) possible.
What to Keep
During Alaskan fishing charters, guests can catch and release as many fish as they’d like. When fishing for king salmon, however, there is a limit to the number of fish that can be retained. Once you reach the state limit, the law requires that no more fish be caught.
When to Book
Salmon fishing trips are offered from May to November. As mentioned, king salmon run in June and July, so book for this season if you want to catch this fish during your Alaskan fishing charter. We are available year-round to book your excursion. We also offer both reserved and walk-in charter appointments, so feel free to stop by on a whim if you decide you want to experience an Alaskan fishing charter.
What to Expect
Five- and eight-hour salmon fishing charters are available. You’ll experience amazing scenery, expert fishing guides and memories that will last a lifetime. If you’re planning a trip to Alaska, an Alaskan fishing charter is a must!
Catch a King
If you’re looking for a good source for king salmon fishing in Alaska, you’ve found it. Phantom Tri-River Charters is your go-to source for Alaskan fishing charters. We’ve been helping fishermen haul home king salmon since 1993. Contact us today to make arrangements for your next fishing adventure. Our experienced team is dedicated to ensuring you have an excellent fishing trip when you visit Alaska!