You, your fishing pole and the wonders of Alaska—if this sounds good to you, then don’t wait any longer to go on that bucket-list fishing trip. With that, here are five advantages of going on guided Alaskan fishing trips:
- Someone else handles the plans: Because organization is your forte, you’re likely the designated planner. But when you sign up for a guided fishing excursion, your guide and charter crew will take on all trip responsibilities—like bringing supplies, packing the right gear, taking care of transportation to the best fishing spots and, on some charters, cooking your catch for you. So, since someone else will map out all the trip details, all you need to do is show up and pay attention to instructions.
- You can relax: Need a break from your weekly routine? Whether you’re an avid fisherman, a beginner or have never touched a fishing pole in your life, booking an all-inclusive Alaskan fishing trip is a fantastic way to forget your responsibilities for a while. Meditate or enjoy the beautiful scenery in between fishing times and nature tours, and take advantage of the boat’s deck and the quiet shore for a stress-free, peaceful trip while your guide plans the next move.
- You gain fishing knowledge: Fishing tour leaders have many years of experience under their belts—experience they are more than happy to share, along with answering your questions. Therefore, a guided Alaskan fishing trip is the perfect opportunity to increase your knowledge of the types of fish you can catch and learn the proper way to use fishing gear. And after navigating your group around to some of the most popular fishing spots in the Alaskan waters, your guide may offer lessons on what lures attract which local fish, followed by their favorite way to prepare a catch.
- Better chance of catching fish: If you are not familiar with Alaska waters, taking advantage of a guided fishing trip may be your best chance to actually catch some fish. Nobody wants to spend an entire day out on the water only to go home empty handed. Location scouting is a skill that expert fishermen possess, which is why local guides are experienced in finding fishing hot spots where the most sought-after fish linger.
- Gain bonding time with friends or family: Treating a friend, spouse, child, parent or other family member to a weekend of fishing is a great way to bond. You’ll be creating memories that will last a lifetime—especially for young kids fishing for the first time—with all the fun and learning you will be exposed to. The best part? Somebody else takes charge of the entire excursion while you and your loved ones enjoy each other’s company.
Oh, the things you will experience and the information you’ll absorb! If you have an itch for a fun-filled day of fishing and the open water, let the professionals at Phantom Tri-River Charters be your guides. Contact us today to reserve your spot on one of our upcoming Alaskan fishing trips!
Categorised in: Alaskan Fishing Trip