The decision to visit Alaska and enjoy a fishing charter is an easy one to make. It’s fun, adventurous, relaxing and presents a great opportunity for bonding with loved ones or grabbing some quality alone time. Once you’ve decided to look into Alaskan fishing charters, however, the much more difficult decision becomes choosing which one to trust with your vacation.
Going through the right company for Alaskan fishing charters can completely enhance your overall experience, while the wrong one can have you wishing you’d never even left home. To avoid disappointment and secure a quality trip, you’ll want to look out for a few different qualities when choosing between Alaskan fishing charters. Here are the key qualities and features you should be able to expect from your Alaskan fishing charter company:
- Strong online reviews: Websites like Trip Advisor, Google and Yelp all offer online reviews to help customers narrow down which companies are the cream of the crop. Individual reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as the people posting them could have entirely different expectations and values than your own. But comprehensive ratings, which take the averages of all reviews into account, offer a pretty good idea of the company’s overall quality.
- Licenses and accreditation: Any tour or charter that you choose to take, regardless of type or location, should always hold the proper license and accreditation. For Alaskan fishing trips, a license from the National Guard ensures that the company knows what they’re doing and is completely legitimate. If you can’t find any information about certification on the company’s website, give them a call and ask about it before booking through them.
- Flexibility: When you’re traveling in a new place, unexpected issues can often come up that may cause you to miss your reservation or require special accommodations. All fishing charter companies have many customers to please, so obviously they won’t be able to grant your every wish. But a company that can take walk-ins and offers at least a couple different fishing experiences is probably the best choice, especially if you’ve never taken an Alaskan fishing trip before.
- Comfort: Everyone knows that Alaskan weather can be quite harsh, especially if you’re not used to it. Booking a charter with a company that has covered and heated boats will ensure that you and your entire group will be comfortable and happy during the trip.
- Good word of mouth reputation: If your trip to Alaska was inspired by a friend’s recent expedition, it only makes sense to ask them which company they toured with. If your friend was satisfied, there’s a good chance you will be as well.
- Experience: Finally, you likely wouldn’t trust a mechanic, contractor, hairstylist or any other type of professional that didn’t have at least a little previous experience. When it comes to Alaskan fishing charters, the most experience the better. If you’re looking for an experienced, flexible, comfortable and highly rated Alaskan fishing charter, we hope you’ll book your next fishing trip through Phantom Tri-River Charters. Call us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Alaskan Fishing Charter