You wake up too early, just to sit in traffic on your way to the office. You work too long at a job you don’t like, only to sit in traffic again on your way home. You get home too late, you eat a boring dinner, you watch some TV and eventually go to sleep. You repeat the same steps the next day. If this sounds like you, it might be time for a vacation.
Even if you enjoy your work, it’s unhealthy to be at work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday all year long under artificial lights in an uncomfortable office. Here are a few of the reasons why a salmon fishing trip can be one of the best vacations if you feel like you’re stuck in a rut and need to unwind. Here are six reasons to consider going on salmon fishing trips in Alaska:
- Catch some fish: Salmon fishing trips in Alaska are a must if you’re a regular fisherman. Anyone who’s fished before knows that Alaskan salmon fishing is one of the best adventures you can take. If you’re fishing for most fish, there’s no limit to how many you can catch. However, if you’re fishing for King Salmon, there’s a state law that limits how many fish you can capture.
- Catch some time with your friends or family: Even if you aren’t a fisherman, salmon fishing trips in Alaska are a great way to spend some quality time with your friends. Unless you want to hop in the water and swim, you’ll be forced to spend time with them after your boat leaves the shore!
- Learn a new skill: If you’re new to fishing and want to get into the sport, one of our salmon fishing trips is perfect for you! One of our experienced guides and anglers will be able to teach you all of the best techniques and strategies to catch salmon and other types of fish.
- Disconnect from the rest of the world: While they’re wonderful technology, cell phones, tablets, laptops and other devices have prevented us from connecting people closest to us. Instead, these devices often help us communicate with people we barely know across the globe. Booking a fishing trip will allow you to take some time off from your ringing cell phone and give you a break from receiving inbound emails from your business contacts in China.
- Lower your anxiety: Scientists have proven that being near water can actually lower the anxiety that’s been building up since your last vacation. (Maybe that’s the reason why people build multi-million dollar homes near the ocean!)
- Enjoy the great outdoors: Alaska is a beautiful state. A salmon fishing trip will not only give you a chance to breathe some fresh air—unlike the stale, recycled air at your office—but also offer you some great views of our wonderful scenery.
Salmon fishing trips in Alaska only run from May through November, so book your trip soon by calling Phantom Tri-River Charters today!